Monday 2 May 2011

Tut Tut for the Fashion Spot.

According to the Fashion Spot, skirt lengths have been growing for 2011, but for me they've always been at my ankles. I adore maxi-skirts though. They're just so perfect, so wonderful and just so... amazing. I love them with tight shirts, loose shirts, crop-tops and blazers, trilby's and clogs, but they have to be high-waisted. I'm sorry, but I think anyone who wears a maxi-skirt on their hips can go die in a hole please learn something about fashion. It's just one of those things. Having something so long, and having it start at the hips is certainly going to cut you off and make you look frumpy/stumpy and and really short, even if you're tall. That's not to say that it can sit on your waist underneath a shirt, but really, I think they always need to be on your waist, and it needs to be visible. This is just my taste though. I think maxi-skirts are amazing in black or khaki, but they're two of my major current obsessions. Maxi skirts are great for summer though, but they're also amazing for winter, because they're perfect for layers. Think a black maxi skirt with black tights and clogs, with a khaki button up shirt, black gloves, a black trilby, coat and scarf. It's just all so perfect, yet for summer, think a simple singlet, a trilby and a khaki maxi skirt. It's just a look for all seasons. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh I believe the same about the maxi skirt, it looks so chic and beautiful!.
    Just found ur blog, and Im already a follower!.
    xx
    http://subversivelulu.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the photo of the skirt - it is very sweet :)
    I am following you and hope you will follow me back :)
    Thanks for the comment on IFB
    Much love,
    Lydia

    www.styleindependent.com

    ReplyDelete