Saturday 14 May 2011

The Seven Year Itch


So, I'm currently snuggled up with my Mario slippers, leggings, my Superman hoody and a hot chocolate watching The Seven Year Itch with my dearest mother, and I am simply in love with everything Marilyn wears, but then again, I always love what Marilyn wears. The Seven Year Itch created the iconic image of Marilyn over a vent, and the classic white dress flying up. It's been ripped off by many films, shows, cartoons and ads, but nothing will ever beat Marilyn and Tom Ewell. While the iconic dress is simply outstanding, I need to share the love with some of the other things she wears, including the two piece pant and jacket set in baby pink, which kind of makes Marilyn look like a Barbie doll, but it is one of the rare occasions that I adore it, because she can actually make the outfit work. The three-quarter leg high-waisted pants with the over sized pink jacket and matching pink belt around the waist is kind of the ideal outfit for the 50's.

Taking a look at the iconic white plunge. halter neck dress, Marilyn looks outstanding as per usual, but this dress has really shaped a generation. Not mine, although it has greatly influenced a lot of my formal-wear. The dress has created spoofs and millions of covers and photoshoots for a lot of celebrities, but the dress creates the idealistic hour-glass, and is really flattering on a lot of figures, if it's made the right way. I can't imagine it in any colour other than white, and I can't really picture it on anyone but a blonde, with the perfectly shaped lips and the gorgeous flicks on the eyes and the perfect little white heels

Then of course there is the fantasy dress, with the fantasy hair and the fantasy scene, when possibly my favourite line of 'Oh, keep playing. Don't stop playing! Don't stop! ... Why did you stop' occurs, and it always makes me laugh. It's just typically hilarious. The dress is outstanding, however I'm not too fond of her hair, but the scene is so fantastic so it's okay. I also adore gloves, so the stunning gloves above the elbows are just perfection. I'm also quite sure I own a pair of very similar earrings.

No comments:

Post a Comment