Monday 2 May 2011

I've created a new page, on what I think is the difference between Fashion and style.

Remember, guys, this is my opinion. If I get any hate for this I'm going to virtually punch them in the face. This is what I think, and therefor I cannot be wrong, because it is my opinion. You all have your opinion, and to you, your opinion is right, so leave it. 


"I use Fashion as a general term for Clothes and Style, although there is quite a large difference between Fashion and Style.
Fashion is what you read in Vogue, in trash mags, and is the latest obsession. It is the runway and the mainstream items that everyone is obsessing about. It is the Lita's on your feet and the Blazer on your back. It's the maxi skirts and the crop tops that everyone adores and loves and wears and wants. I adore the Fashion world. It's the reason I live and breathe, and what I yearn to write about.The idea of Fashion is to keep the evolution of what everyone is wearing and the latest trends must change by season.
Style is what makes you, your own person. It is how you express yourself to the world, and it's your signature look. Style is what you love, taking former things you love, and adding what's in fashion. It's making your own look, it's something different from the mainstream, but still taking bits and pieces from what's 'in.' The difference between being stylish and fashionable is whether or not you can make your own look, taking personal quirks and things in fashion, and making them your own. It's creating your expression to the world, and being your own person. Not everyone has their own personal style, because some people are too reliant on the Fashion aspect, and are too scared to venture off on their own and be their own personal stylist. Style is the idea of taking a $9000 jacket and wearing it with a $2 dress. It's using whatever you can and still look amazing. It's not about the designers you do or do not own, it's not about how much money you have, or how you look as a person, it's the way you show your look and create it. Everyone can have their own style if they try.

The idea of working in the Fashion world is the idea of creating my look and sharing it with everyone."

No comments:

Post a Comment