Sunday 8 May 2011

Is shoot me an option?

Ugh, my mum went into hospital last night (happy mothers day anyone?) so I'm not really in the mood for posting something extreme. 
Lots of people appear to be curious about my personal style and influences, but it's a really hard topic to talk about. My 'personal style' changes daily. One day I'll be feeling The Sex Pistols and go punk, or want to go all out Beatles and dress as a Mod. It's a constant change, for example, yesterday I was wearing my Zelda shirt, black denim shorts black ripped tights, black wedges and a leather jacket that is covered in safety pins, an English flag, and NEVER MIND THE BOLLOCKS sprayed on the back. Today I'm wearing  a white lace high-waisted skirt, white tights, black brogues, a pink loose shirt and a black blazer. My style changes every day. I'm influenced by many, many things. Look at Music. If I'm listening to The Runaways I'm more lenient to dress as a 70's punk, if I'm listening to The Who I'll be leaning towards a mod, but it's not just music. One morning I'll wake up and want to be Audrey Hepburn, is it's something black, elegant, feminine and stylish. Another morning I'll wake up and want to be Mary-Kate Olsen, so it'll be something boho and original, but thinking that way is silly, because I'm not always influenced by outer sources. I'm always influenced by me. I add my own bits and pieces to my outfits, that come from nowhere. I'm influenced by my mum, and how she used to be a punk with a peacock blue Mohawk, and frankly, I feel sorry for some girls that can't change away from their usual 'thing.' Some girls (and guys) are good with that, and it's amazing, and looks awesome, but some girls who are just too afraid to make a difference in their clothes, are the girls that aren't going to make big changes in their lives. Everyone needs a bit of different in their wardrobe, to add that spark to their personal style. I know a lot of 'girly girls' who add a splash of dark purple lipstick to their outfits, or a punk (Only one) who wears a large pink bow in her hair. This is just my opinion, but I think everyone needs to have that one thing that defines their style. My style changes daily, and I believe that's my thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment