Sunday 15 May 2011

How to rock: Leather pants

Credit to Annemiek
So, I've been meaning to post it for sometime, but my internet has been whoring itself out and I've been unable to post pictures, so here is quite the post. First of all I love leather pants, but shamefully, you need to have tiny legs, or you'll look like a whale caught in a leather factory. Brutal, but true. If you're thighs are too wide, then you're walking in the wrong territory. However, if you're lucky enough to have small thighs well then...

  • Make sure they're skinny leg. I think wide legged leather trousers are disgusting in all manners.
  • Keep it either black or red. Over the top colours are making too much of a statement, and may make you look like a Mardi Gras reject.
  • Unless you're a biker, don't wear a leather jacket. Mix it up with denim or cashmere
  • If it's black leather, think a red skin-tight top and a black jacket, with black boots, for the rebellious feel
  •  If you want to keep yourself familiar with the things you love, then think about tucking in a khaki shirt and docs for a military look.
  • Think Punk. Not goth, Punk. 
  • It's all about having the attitude to wear them, so go for the dark, edgy side of style, and make a statement with a bold lipstick.
  • If you're anything like me, you love leather, and want to wear it as much as possible, but really, I think leather pants aren't that versatile, so things like rock chick and punk looks are always good.
  • Weird, but I think you should always have your hair up when it comes to leather pants. I can't quite explain why, but trust me on this. Having your hair down and shaggy is all good if you're wearing something that's revealing up top, but it's a key thing to keep your hair in a bun, or a top braid or something. I just think having hair down is too overwhelming. I'm not saying it doesn't look good... but it's just my thing.

4 comments:

  1. I've been looking for a pair of leather pants now for a while, I've got two pairs of shorts. I've always been a little apprehensive about them though because I've always thought they only looked good on sticks or off-duty models!

    http://wrinkleintimevintage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, but when I think about leather pants I think about FRIENDS episode when Ross is wearing ones. ;) X

    http://mademoiselle-la-la.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leather pants are such a risk! I love your humourous writing style, it's such a joy to read your posts! Stop by some time.

    http://seven-inch-stilettos.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like leather pants such a lovely picture.



    Reflective Motorcycle Vests

    ReplyDelete