Wednesday 4 May 2011

A look to love. The swinging sixties.

So I've decided I'm going to write on my favourite era's, because I prefer fashion from everything other than the naughties (also, why naughties? It's just stupid)
Miu Miu Fall 2010
One of my favourite era's of all time is the 60's. The blunt fringes, perfectly straight hair and the stunning short clothes to match, but all of this was wrapped up into one big orgasmic ball with the music. The music of the 60's is my favourite. There has been an outstanding rise in the love for the 60's lately, with the whole 'indie' look, but frankly, it's just such a fantastic look that I don't care. When I think of the 60's I think of The Beatles, the go-go boots and the bob. The sixties bought in the Mod look (Modernism) which was basically the change from everything being below the knees to bringing them right up, it was that everything was modern, and 'spacey.' The best way to achieve the mod look is to have a blunt fringe, with either the perfectly straight bob, or dead straight, all-one-length hair, with a short sleeveless dress with bold geometric shapes in a bright colour. Look at inspiration from Twiggy, who had the infamous pixie cut and twiglettes. It's all about being bold and brave.



1 comment:

  1. Great post! Loving your blog!


    http://seven-inch-stilettos.blogspot.com/


    xx. VLM.

    ReplyDelete