Saturday 14 May 2011

Fly in the Galaxy

Christopher Kane showcased a brilliant selection of spaced out items, including leather and of course the galaxy print in his Resort 2011 collection, of which I still adore greatly. Now, I dislike these 'black milk' leggings that are quite blatantly horrible, but the CK 2011 Resort was brilliant in absolutely every way. Nothing was better than showcasing a bunch of brilliantly bright things, with a mixture of great colours and black leather. It's hard to resist temptation to fly back to the 70's in a space ship with the brilliant jumpsuits, from a 50's collar to a 70's sleeve selection. The contrast in colour and fabric was the most defined feature for Kane, as it usually is, but there was something so certainly select in this collection. 
Kane takes a 50's collar and bust with a magnificently loose skirt in the same pattern, and really achieves the ideal look with a sleek bun (or pony tail?) but the only thing I'm not loving is the shoes. The dark nebulae jumpsuit with long sleeves and a deep plunge matching with a leather belt in black was superb. It was the perfect difference in fabric, because by going with something lighter it would have thrown out the entire outfit. Now, the sheer frill on the shoulders with a leather bustier was kind of confusing for me. I'm not sure of I like the shoulders or not, however the black leather with the nebulae pattern matched perfectly. Kane is a genius when it comes to the perfect contrast.


 The black high-waisted shorts were simply outstanding, and are something I adore in the extreme. Normally with so much repetition in a collection, I kind of get sick of it, but Kane certainly kept me entertained for this entire show, because while it's all similar, there's something new sparked up in each outfit.I love the nebulae pattern as a tight shirt with the black high-waisted shorts. Then there is the stunning front-zip halter neck dress, with the perfect short collar and the brilliantly full skirt, because it's not so full that it's too revealing, but it's not flat enough to be clingy. There was something defined as perfect in this collection, and that was it. Yet again there was the jumpsuit, but this time with my favourite 50's collar and bust, but in a lighter terms in comparison to the other jumpsuit, and I really like this one more, because the cut is just so flattering on the arms. Also the wide leg goes much better with a bust like this.
The mid-sleeves with the over sized puffy end was something peculiar, but it was brilliant either way. I love the short skirt, because it's a very sixties style. I'm sure if dresses like that were around in the 60's we'd all be sick of seeing them by now, from how outstanding they are. I for one didn't enjoy the red fluffy heels though, because they remind me of something from Miss Bimbo. The deep blue high-collar dress was a particular favourite, but I just really adore dark clothes. The shoulders are at a nice width in comparison to the collar, which is always lovely. There is of course the nebulae shorts and top, which at first gives the appearance of a playsuit/romper, however I'm not too sure what I like about it, but there is something there that I really do like. It's also quite boyish. Now, if you've noticed that I haven't posted anything that goes below the knee (other than the jumpsuits) it's because I really thought they were disgusting. Everything else in the collection was outstanding, except for the hideous 'house-wife dresses' which kind of made me want to cry.

2 comments:

  1. Christopher Kane rocks!!! I love this collection, im looking for a dress like that!
    Great post.

    xx
    CH.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this collection! am seeing a long cosmic prints still :)

    http://www.mywildmess.com/

    ReplyDelete