Friday 13 May 2011

Steampunk.

Now, along with my adoration of Pirates, comes my obsession for steampunk. I think I'm kind of making this blog about the things I love, which is still fashion, but it's not as general as it should be, so I thought I'd make a statement post about Steampunk and Fashion, which can only mean one thing. Alexander McQueen. We all know McQueen is about statement pieces and taking that one gigantic leap, hence having Lady Gaga is the no.1 Fan, but while everything McQueen has done has been brilliant, nothing is ever going to top the Fall 2010 collection for me. With it's steampunk-esque feel, and the amazing shoes, Fall 2010 was a big deal for all the geeks of the Fashion world.

Alexander McQueen Fall 2010
With the Kimono-esque jackets, and the stunning thigh-high boots, McQueen really bought to life a world outside of reality with the collection. This walk was outstanding, with the steampunk shoes and the pirate boots, and really, the general theme was too good to be true. Looking at the beautiful Ancient Japanese looking fabric and the typical Mcqueen headgear, I cannot formulate the words to express my adoration for this collection. (I've been using the word Adoration a lot lately, haven't I?) But this is taking things to a whole new level, by mixing the Kimono and the New Romantic-Victorian style.

The shoes were my favourite though, especially the drop-dead-gorgeous thigh-high boots, but the Steampunk  platforms were outstanding. I think if you can afford it, any Steampunk loving gal should have a pair, because they're not something to can make a cheap knock-off of. With the metal cogs and bolts, and the typically sexy leather, McQueen really blew me away with the Fall 2010 Collection.


1 comment:

  1. I love the way you write! This collection was a dream for McQueen.

    ReplyDelete