Thursday 28 April 2011

Dear Alice.

Tim Burton's 2010 film/remake of the classic novel Alice in Wonderland was quite annoying, as it wasn't Alice in Wonderland or Alice Through the Looking Glass, but either way, it was still tasteful for the eyes to see. I loved the film, while it was annoying, simply because of the use of colour, texture and costume. The use of costume in this film was certainly brilliant, because it took a completely different turn on the classic. The consistency of the blue was certainly a plus, as well as the change of dress throughout the film.
009.jpg
While I can't remember why it's there, I liked the blue ribbon on her arm, but the dress itself was quite... not nice. I personally didn't like this particular costume.
Mia_Wasikowska_011.jpg
I was also very fond of the take on the classic dress, but more or less I really adored the shoes here. It was a change I was certainly pleased with, and the take in this classic was also more medieval than I expected. The length was nice, as well as the fitted waist.
Mia_Wasikowska_009.jpg
The suit of Armour was something I did not expect, and while it's not exactly fashion or anything like that, I also did really love it, considering my adoration for Armour rings.
Mia_Wasikowska_008.jpgMia_Wasikowska_005.jpg
This was perhaps my favourite costume from the entire film. I loved the red, the cut and the odd feather shoulder-type-thing. This was really the most beautiful costume in my opinion, but I did enjoy the turn from the blue to flatter the Red Queen. This dress really shows the aggression of Alice.
Mia_Wasikowska_003.jpg
All I can say for this dress is, that it was absolutely breathtaking. The halter neck as well as the shoulders (or lack there-of) was simply stunning.

No comments:

Post a Comment